[SOLVED] How to work with Hyperlinks

  1. #1
    ilyaz
    Guest

    [SOLVED] How to work with Hyperlinks

    I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in each
    column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a column
    and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still were
    linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours to
    finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, at
    least, in each column separately?
    I'll appreciate your help.

    --
    Ilya Zeldes
    Fort Myers, Florida

  2. #2
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: How to work with Hyperlinks

    Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link
    Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell required.

    Steve

  3. #3
    Epinn
    Guest

    Re: How to work with Hyperlinks

    Hi,

    I found the following instructions from "help." I did a test and it seemed
    to work like a charm.

    Deactivate several hyperlinks at once
    1.. Type the number 1 in a blank cell, and right-click the cell.
    2.. Click Copy on the shortcut menu.
    3.. While pressing CTRL, select each hyperlink you want to deactivate.
    How?

    a.. To select a cell that has a hyperlink in it without jumping to the
    hyperlink destination, click the cell and hold the mouse button until the
    cursor becomes a cross , then release the mouse button.
    4.. Click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
    5.. Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK.
    Epinn

    news:#[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Epinn
    Guest

    Re: How to work with Hyperlinks

    Steve,

    I followed your instructions. The format painter removed the underline but
    when I clicked on the cell, the link was still there. Am I missing
    something?

    Epinn