More than one password?

  1. #1
    Tim
    Guest

    More than one password?

    Is it possible to protect a sheet with a master password and still let
    someone create their own password?

    I would like to create individual workbooks for members were they can create
    their own password, yet I would still like to access them all with one master
    password. Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: More than one password?

    You say sheet, then talk about workbooks, but regardless:

    Not using built in methods.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tim
    Guest

    Re: More than one password?

    Thanks, Tom.
    I did mean workbook.

  4. #4
    Sharad Naik
    Guest

    Re: More than one password?

    Depends on what type of access, "YOU" need with 'so called' master password.

    If access only to edit the cells is OK for you then it can work as under:
    Click on Tools Menu -> Allow User to Edit Ranges
    In the box that will appear click on 'New'.

    In Refers to Cells: Filed enter " =1:65536 " (Without quotation marks!)
    (This refers to entire workseet range).
    Enter YOUR 'Master' password in the Range Password and click on OK.

    Repeat this for all sheets if you wish.

    Now the user can protect the sheet with his password.

    when you want to edit a cell, click on it, it will prompt for Edit Range
    Password,
    enter it and you can edit (change) the cell.

    Sharad

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: More than one password?

    He clarified that he meant workbook, not worksheet passwords. You method is
    for worksheets and then for worksheets in xl2002 and later, but he may find
    it useful nonetheless.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...