Finding which version of Excel created a file

  1. #1
    Eirik
    Guest

    Finding which version of Excel created a file

    Hi!
    Any one know of a way to find out which version of excel was used to create
    a file?

    Best Regards!

    Eirik

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Finding which version of Excel created a file

    There are some articles in the Knowledge Base

    http://support.microsoft.com

    However, they are written for C++ developers as I recall. There is no
    easily queriable attribute.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Michel Pierron
    Guest

    Re: Finding which version of Excel created a file

    Hi Eirik,
    May be:
    Sub xlFileVersion()
    Dim Typ As String