Error 7 Out of Memory 2/3 through Macro

  1. #1
    CoderB
    Guest

    Error 7 Out of Memory 2/3 through Macro

    I have Excel 2002 and running a Macro which puts simple shapes (arrows) and
    text in cells to make a presentation. About 2/3 of way through, at the same
    point every time, I get the above or another similar error message. This is
    happening at the following statement;

    arrow4.cut
    set arrow4 = nothing

    Now, after an arrow and text have been viewed, it is cut and cells reset for
    the next display. No problem on the first 3 arrows and 1 pic.

    Here is the weird part for me; I put in a statement JUST before this error
    that states available memory and it is 200,000 +, then the error! I don't
    get it.

    Also, after running this more times than I want to count and shutting down
    the whole computer and reopening the spreadsheet, when I make a new arrow
    and click on its name, it has a name of "Line 107" (of course if I delete it
    and make another it is "Line 108", etc.) But it seems to me that if you
    shut down the spreadsheet, and especially if I shut down the computer, that
    the next time you open that spreadsheet and make a new arrow that the name
    should be "Line 1"!

    What am I missing here?

    Thanks to anyone who can help,
    CoderB

  2. #2
    CoderB
    Guest

    Re: Error 7 Out of Memory 2/3 through Macro

    For those who may be interested, I found the problem. It was the clipboard
    in Windows that was getting overloaded with the shape objects which I was
    cutting; so I bypassed the clipboard by copying all objects directly between
    cell to cell. Now the whole piece runs uninterrupted.

    news:[email protected]...