How can I install a Message Box?

  1. #1
    jones360
    Guest

    How can I install a Message Box?

    I am creating an absence report form for work and would like to have a
    message box appear when a supervisor tries to enter more sick days than the
    employee is allowed. I would like the box to say: The employee has exceeded
    his/her accrued amount of sick days.

    Then would like the buttons: Retry or Cancel

  2. #2
    Guest

    How can I install a Message Box?

    need more info.
    how do you calculate the sick time? xl will have to
    duplicate this math. this is what will trigger the msgbox.
    what is the data layout? rows or columns? need this so xl
    will know what to add up.
    do emps have different rates or do all have the same amout
    of sick time? need a qualifier.
    the macro will reside in the worksheet's on change event
    and do the math every time someone enters data in the
    worksheet.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How can I install a Message Box?

    You don't tell us how/where the number is accrued? We can't give a solution
    without some details.

    BTW, how can you have a sick limit? Do they automatically get better when
    they reach that number?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    jones360
    Guest

    RE: How can I install a Message Box?

    All employees are given 5 personal/sick days for the entire year. They
    cannot exceed this amount and they do not carry over from year to year. The
    data is compiled in a column format.

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How can I install a Message Box?

    Do you have a total cell per employee? If so, you could do conditional
    formatting on that cell.

    For instance, say you have a total in A1, with the details in A1:An, then
    you could set CF on A1 with a test of greater than 5, and set the cell
    colour for this test.