connecting multiple work sheets

  1. #1
    fyon
    Guest

    connecting multiple work sheets

    Hi there:
    Can anyone please help me out here? Suppose I have many different files
    (with detailed info) and I have one main summary file that draw results from
    these individual files. How can I connect these individual files with the
    main file? i.e, when I make changes in any one of the individual files, the
    changes will reflect in the main file as well?

    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks..

    fyon

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    1,203
    click in a cell in the summary worksheet

    enter and equal sign (=)

    then, navigate to the workbook/worksheet you want the data to come from

    then, hit enter

    Once you see what happens, you can then start to write the formula yourself if you find that easier

  3. #3
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: connecting multiple work sheets

    What you are describing is linked workbooks.

    Ensure that one of the individual workbooks are open and that you can see
    both the summary and individual workbooks on the screen at the same time.
    Press =
    then click a cell value in the individual workbook.

    The formula then looks something like:
    =[Data2004.xls]Sheet1!$A$1

    news:[email protected]...