Trying to create Routing macro - problems

  1. #1
    Mike R.
    Guest

    Trying to create Routing macro - problems

    Greetings,
    I have a form that takes advantage of Excel's routing feature. Instead of
    having the user use the normal File>Send To>Routing Recepients to set up the
    routing and recepients, I have created a command button to make it easier for
    them (and to do some 'behind the scene" tracking). I am running into
    something interesting. When the user hits the command button for the first
    time, a "Choose Profile" dialog box appears. I have never seen this dialog
    before and I am affraid it will definitely confuse my users. I wonder if my
    code is proper... Here is the part of the code that opens the routing dialog:
    ThisWorkbook.HasRoutingSlip = True
    ThisWorkbook.RoutingSlip.Subject = Range("P16")
    Application.Dialogs(xlDialogRoutingSlip).Show

    This lets me put in the subject, and then the user can set up the routing
    recepients. Please help.

    Mike

  2. #2
    Charles Harmon
    Guest

    Re: Trying to create Routing macro - problems

    Mike,

    I think the "Choose Profile" is displayed because it can not identify the
    Recp E-Mail address in your Address Book. If the Recp. is in you address Ie:
    "My Name" you should not receive this msg. Also if you set the Recp to a
    reg EMail Ie: "[email protected]" then I believe you will not get the
    popup.

    HTH
    Charles
    news:[email protected]...