Help With Producing Results Please

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    Help With Producing Results Please

    Hi Everyone,

    I will be Honest with you, this Request is Lotto Orientated.
    I know that Anything to do with the Lotto is Usually Frowned Upon on
    Newsgroups, But I am Hoping that it Being a New Year and All, that
    Somebody will Kindly Help, Especially seeing that it has Nothing to do
    with Prediction, it is Only to do with Information on Results.
    I have the 6 Drawn Numbers in Cells E9:J1009 ( in Numerical Order for
    Each Combination ).
    I have the Bonus Numbers in Cells K9:K1009.
    I have a List of Combinations to Check in Cells M9:R58 ( in Numerical
    Order for Each Combination ).

    What I would Ideally Like for EACH Combination, is the Total Times it
    Matched Zero, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 + the Bonus and 6 Numbers in ALL Draws.
    Obviously New Draws are Continuously be Added.

    So for the First Combination for Example :-
    In Cell T9 it will Show the Total Times that NO Numbers were Matched in
    ALL Combinations.
    In Cell U9 it will Show the Total Times that 1 Number was Matched in ALL
    Combinations.
    In Cell V9 it will Show the Total Times that 2 Numbers were Matched in
    ALL Combinations.
    In Cell W9 it will Show the Total Times that 3 Numbers were Matched in
    ALL Combinations.
    In Cell X9 it will Show the Total Times that 4 Numbers were Matched in
    ALL Combinations.
    In Cell Y9 it will Show the Total Times that 5 Numbers were Matched in
    ALL Combinations.
    In Cell Z9 it will Show the Total Times that 5 + the Bonus Number was
    Matched in ALL Combinations.
    In Cell AA9 it will Show the Total Times that 6 Numbers were Matched in
    ALL Combinations.

    The Second Combinations Results will be in Cells T10:AA10,
    The Third Combinations Results will be in Cells T11:AA11,
    The Fourth Combinations Results will be in Cells T12:AA12,

    The Last Combinations Results will be in Cells T58:AA58.

    This Makes a Total of 50 Combinations. On Occasions, the Total
    Combinations to Check could be Less OR More.

    I Hope Everyone has a Great New Year.
    Thanks in Advance.
    All the Best
    Paul

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Help With Producing Results Please

    Paul,

    The California lottery provides that type of information on their web site.
    Maybe your lottery web site also does that?

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:#[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: Help With Producing Results Please

    Thanks for the Reply Jim,
    I live in the UK, and Our Site Unfortunately Does Not Accomodate my
    Needs.
    I would Ideally like a Macro to Achieve the Required Results.
    Thanks Again.
    All the Best
    Paul

  4. #4
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: Help With Producing Results Please

    Hi,

    I have Managed to come up with the Following.
    As I said in my Initial Post :-

    I have the 6 Drawn Numbers in Cells E9:J1509 ( in Numerical Order for
    Each Combination ).
    I have the Bonus Numbers in Cells K9:K1509.
    I have a List of Combinations to Check in Cells M9:R58 ( in Numerical
    Order for Each Combination ).
    In Cell B1 is the Total Number of Draws to Date.

    If we take the First Combination to be Checked which is in Cells M9:R9
    for Example, in Cell AD9 I have the Formula :-

    =IF($M$9=0,"
    ",IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH($M$9:$R$9,$E9:$J9,0))))=5,IF(SUMPRODUC
    T(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH($M$9:$R$9,$K9,0))))=1,"5+","5"),SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMB
    ER(MATCH($M$9:$R$9,$E9:$J9,0))))))

    which Calculates the Total Numbers Matched from Our Combination to be
    Checked, Against the First Draws Combination. I then Copied this Formula
    Down to Cell AD1509.

    In Cell T9 I have the Formula ( to Calculate the Total Number of Zero
    Matches ) :-
    =IF(M9>0,SUM(B$1-SUM(U9:AA9))," ")
    In Cell U9 I have the Formula ( to Calculate the Total Number of 1
    Matches ) :-
    =COUNTIF(AD$9:AD$1509,"=1")
    In Cell V9 I have the Formula ( to Calculate the Total Number of 2
    Matches ) :-
    =COUNTIF(AD$9:AD$1509,"=2")
    In Cell W9 I have the Formula ( to Calculate the Total Number of 3
    Matches ) :-
    =COUNTIF(AD$9:AD$1509,"=3")
    In Cell X9 I have the Formula ( to Calculate the Total Number of 4
    Matches ) :-
    =COUNTIF(AD$9:AD$1509,"=4")
    In Cell Y9 I have the Formula ( to Calculate the Total Number of 5
    Matches ) :-
    =COUNTIF(AD$9:AD$1509,"=5")
    In Cell Z9 I have the Formula ( to Calculate the Total Number of 5 + the
    Bonus Matches ) :-
    =COUNTIF(AD$9:AD$1509,"=5+")
    In Cell AA9 I have the Formula ( to Calculate the Total Number of 6
    Matches ) :-
    =COUNTIF(AD$9:AD$1509,"=6")
    In Cell AB9 I have the Formula ( to Calculate the Total of the Above
    Number of Matches ) :-
    =IF(M9>0,SUM(T9:AA9)," ")

    Then the Second Combination to be Checked is in M10:R10, so the Total
    Numbers Matched Formula is in AE9 and then Copied Down to AE1509, and
    the Totals Matched for Each Category Formulas are in T10:AB10.

    I Tried it with Checking 25 Combinations, it Created a Big File that was
    Very Slow to Move Around.
    Ideally a Macro would be the Best Solution, it Could Probably do this
    Task in Seconds and would Only Produce Values for the Results, thereby
    doing away with the Memory Hungry Formulas.
    If I Wanted to Check say 50 or so Combinations, the File Size would be
    Vast and Unmanageable.

    Thanks in Advance.
    All the Best.
    Paul

  5. #5
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: Help With Producing Results Please

    Hi Again,

    I came up with this Formula ( Formula 1 ) Using SUMPRODUCT Below :-
    =IF($M$9=0,"
    ",IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH($M$9:$R$9,$E9:$J9,0))))=5,IF(SUMPRODUC
    T(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH($M$9:$R$9,$K9,0))))=1,"5+","5"),SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMB
    ER(MATCH($M$9:$R$9,$E9:$J9,0))))))

    I also have a Working Formula ( Formula 2 ) which is Array Entered :-
    =IF($C$16=0,"
    ",IF(SUM(COUNTIF($C$15:$H$15,T!$E9:$J9))=5,IF(SUM(COUNTIF($C$15:$H$15,T!
    $K9))=1,"5+","5"),SUM(COUNTIF($C$15:$H$15,T!$E9:$J9))))

    I tried Using 200 Combinations to Check Against 1,000 Draws.
    I Created a File Using Formula 1 and the File Size was about 64 MB.
    I then Created a File Using Formula 2, and that File Size was Also about
    64 MB.
    I Found that the Second File, Using Formula 2 was VERY Slow to
    Calculate, Save, Load and Generally Work with in Comparison to the First
    File, Using Formula 1.
    Are Array Formulas Very Memory Hungry in Comparison to say Using
    SUMPRODUCT Formulas.

    As I Mentioned Earlier, I would Ideally like a Macro to be Able to do
    this Task, NOT Only Because it would be the Best Solution, But it would
    Probably Achieve the Required Results in Seconds, and would Only Produce
    Values for the Results. I would like this Task to be Added to a Workbook
    that is Already 30 MB in Size, and NOT having a Vast Amount of Memory
    Available I cannot Afford to Include a Sheet that will EAT up Another 64
    MB.

    Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated.
    All the Best
    Paul

  6. #6
    Paul Black
    Guest

    Re: Help With Producing Results Please

    Hi Again,

    I have Another Formula which Works :-

    =IF($M$9=0,"
    ",IF(SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF($M$9:$R$9,$E9:$J9))=5,IF(SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF($M$9
    :$R$9,$K9))=1,"5+","5"),SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF($M$9:$R$9,$E9:$J9))))

    I Again Used 200 Combinations to Check Against 1,000 Draws.
    It Created a File of about 54 MB, 10 MB LESS Than Using Previous
    Formulas.

    If Somebody is Able to Help with a Macro, Maybe this Simplified Formula
    will be Easier to Use in the Code.

    Once Again, Thanks in Advance.
    All the Best
    Paul