Closed Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

[SOLVED] Macro cell reference help

  1. #1
    justaguyfromky
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Macro cell reference help

    I have a macro that I want to be able to copy and paste from and to different
    cells depending on other criteria. I have a cell with a concatenate formula
    that puts the actual cells that I want to copy from and to.

    My question is...
    How do I get the macro to read the cell that has the range I want to copy
    from and paste into to put the value of the cell as the range in the macro?

  2. #2
    Charles Harmon
    Guest

    Re: Macro cell reference help

    justaguyfromk

    What does the formula look like?
    Charles

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    justaguyfromky
    Guest

    Re: Macro cell reference help

    The Cells that I want to copy from:
    =CONCATENATE("R",V32)
    =CONCATENATE("S",V32)
    =CONCATENATE("T",V32)
    The Cells that I want to paste to:
    =CONCATENATE("Y",V32)
    =CONCATENATE("Z",V32)
    =CONCATENATE("AA",V32)

    The "V32" is a number that is generated by another macro from 1 to 30.
    All Cells will not be copied every day, so I need it to be able to copy only
    the ones specified by the V32 Macro

    With ActiveSheet
    If .Range("V32").Value > "0" Then
    Range("??").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("??").Select

    I want the range be read from the cell because it may change depending on
    the V32 Macro

  4. #4
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: Macro cell reference help

    Maybe this

    ..Range(.Range("A1").Text).Copy Destination:=.Range(.Range("B1").Text)

    where A1 and B1 have the concatentate formulas. I assume the concatenate
    formulas display something that looks like a cell address and you want to
    use what they return as the ranges to copy from and paste to.

    --
    **** Kusleika
    Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Charles Harmon
    Guest

    Re: Macro cell reference help

    This assumes your formula is in A1 thru B3.

    If Range("V32") <> 0 Then
    For i = 1 To 3
    myrng = Cells(i, 1).Value
    myrng1 = Cells(i, 2).Value
    Range(myrng).Copy Destination:=Range(myrng1)
    Next
    End If

    Charles

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    justaguyfromky
    Guest

    Re: Macro cell reference help

    This formula works great!!!
    But...
    I need it to paste just the values and not the formula...
    Any Ideas for that

    You have already saved me so much time with this help
    Thank you,

    Looking forward to your reply

  7. #7
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: Macro cell reference help

    ..Range(.Range("B1").Text).Value = .Range(.Range("A1").Text).Value

    should do it for you if you just want values. If you want values and
    formatting, then you'll need to use a Copy and a PasteSpecial xPasteValues
    on two separate lines - but the range reference remains the same.

    --
    **** Kusleika
    Excel MVP

    justaguyfromky wrote:
    > This formula works great!!!
    > But...
    > I need it to paste just the values and not the formula...
    > Any Ideas for that
    >
    > You have already saved me so much time with this help
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Looking forward to your reply
    >
    > "**** Kusleika" wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe this
    >>
    >> ..Range(.Range("A1").Text).Copy
    >> Destination:=.Range(.Range("B1").Text)
    >>
    >> where A1 and B1 have the concatentate formulas. I assume the
    >> concatenate formulas display something that looks like a cell
    >> address and you want to use what they return as the ranges to copy
    >> from and paste to.
    >>
    >> --
    >> **** Kusleika
    >> Excel MVP
    >> Daily Dose of Excel
    >> www.*****-blog.com
    >>

    >> justaguyfromky wrote:
    >>> The Cells that I want to copy from:
    >>> =CONCATENATE("R",V32)
    >>> =CONCATENATE("S",V32)
    >>> =CONCATENATE("T",V32)
    >>> The Cells that I want to paste to:
    >>> =CONCATENATE("Y",V32)
    >>> =CONCATENATE("Z",V32)
    >>> =CONCATENATE("AA",V32)
    >>>
    >>> The "V32" is a number that is generated by another macro from 1 to
    >>> 30. All Cells will not be copied every day, so I need it to be able
    >>> to copy only the ones specified by the V32 Macro
    >>>
    >>> With ActiveSheet
    >>> If .Range("V32").Value > "0" Then
    >>> Range("??").Select
    >>> Selection.Copy

  8. #8
    justaguyfromky
    Guest

    Re: Macro cell reference help

    This is now deleting the formula from the cell to be copied, the formula
    needs to stay in the original location and just send the values to the
    destination cells.

    I think that we almost have this one down.

    PS. I added your web site to my list of favorites, found some useful
    information that I may be able to use as I try to continue my VBA skills.

    Thanks again

  9. #9
    justaguyfromky

  10. #10
    Dick Kusleika

    justaguyfromky wrote:
    > This formula works great!!!
    > But...
    > I need it to paste just the values and not the formula...
    > Any Ideas for that
    >
    > You have already saved me so much time with this help
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Looking forward to your reply
    >
    > "**** Kusleika" wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe this
    >>
    >> ..Range(.Range("A1").Text).Copy
    >> Destination:=.Range(.Range("B1").Text)
    >>
    >> where A1 and B1 have the concatentate formulas. I assume the
    >> concatenate formulas display something that looks like a cell
    >> address and you want to use what they return as the ranges to copy
    >> from and paste to.
    >>
    >> --
    >> **** Kusleika
    >> Excel MVP
    >> Daily Dose of Excel
    >> www.*****-blog.com
    >>

    >> justaguyfromky wrote:
    >>> The Cells that I want to copy from:
    >>> =CONCATENATE("R",V32)
    >>> =CONCATENATE("S",V32)
    >>> =CONCATENATE("T",V32)
    >>> The Cells that I want to paste to:
    >>> =CONCATENATE("Y",V32)
    >>> =CONCATENATE("Z",V32)
    >>> =CONCATENATE("AA",V32)
    >>>
    >>> The "V32" is a number that is generated by another macro from 1 to
    >>> 30. All Cells will not be copied every day, so I need it to be able
    >>> to copy only the ones specified by the V32 Macro
    >>>
    >>> With ActiveSheet
    >>> If .Range("V32").Value > "0" Then
    >>> Range("??").Select
    >>> Selection.Copy

  11. #11
    justaguyfromky

  12. #12
    Charles Harmon
    Guest

    Re: Macro cell reference help

    The formula I sent should not copy the formula in A1 it should only copy and
    paste to location determined by your CONCATENATE formula.
    If value in V32 = 1 the =CONCATENATE("R",V32)= "R1" and
    =CONCATENATE("Y",V32)= "Y1" my formula now looks at R1 value and paste it to
    Y1.

  13. #13
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: Macro cell reference help

    That should not be happening. There must be something else going on there.
    Post all the code that you're using.

    --
    **** Kusleika
    Excel MVP