Filepath and Updating Links

  1. #1
    StephanieH
    Guest

    Filepath and Updating Links

    This is probably really simple and I'm just missing it, but need something
    that will tell Excel that if I'm opening a file in the file folder "Loan
    Recovery MIS" or if the file path name begins with
    "\\Fl-aejf-fs1\Data\Data\RECOVERY\EXLDATA\Loan Recovery MIS" then do not
    update the links.

    I've tried

    If filepath = "\\Fl-aejf-fs1\Data\Data\RECOVERY\EXLDATA\Loan Recovery MIS" _
    Then UpdateLinks:=0

    But I get "Expected = Expression" with the := highlighted.

  2. #2
    Sharad Naik
    Guest

    Re: Filepath and Updating Links

    You are not refering to a workbook at all.
    Then it is not Links but Link
    And it is not filepath but .Path

    Something like below -

    If ThisWorkbook.Path = "\\Fl-aejf-fs1\Data\Data\RECOVERY\EXLDATA\Loan
    Recovery MIS" _
    Then ThisWorkbook.UpdateLink:=False

    (you can of course shorten a bit using With statement)

    Tell us how exactly you are opening the workbook (I presume that you are
    opening it through VBA),
    and we can tell you how to do it.

    Sharad

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    StephanieH
    Guest

    Re: Filepath and Updating Links

    I open a main file using VBA (there's other stuff built in of course, but
    here's that line)
    Workbooks.Open Filename:="\\Fl-aejf-fs1\Data\Data\RECOVERY\EXLDATA\Loan
    Recovery MIS\" & MyValue & "\Gross Placement Batch Tracks\Summary Data\" &
    ListBox1.List(i) & " GBT Summary " & MyValue & ".xls"

    But from there, I have several hyperlinks to other files in the Loan
    Recovery MIS folder. When they are access from the hyperlink, they will
    automatically prompt the user to update the links. I don't think it can be
    surpressed the hyperlink, so I was hoping to use a macro to automatically
    tell it to not update any file in Loan Recovery MIS upon opening.