Excel VBA with power point?

  1. #1
    Malcom Jazz
    Guest

    Excel VBA with power point?

    I have bunch if power point files in a folder C:\123
    I want to list each slide in those powerpoint files in the
    excel sheet alongwith full path and filename. Is it
    possible?

    Regards,
    Malcom

  2. #2
    Matt Jensen
    Guest

    Re: Excel VBA with power point?

    Howdy Malcom
    I'm in no position to provide code to use, however if you go here:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...l.programming/
    and search (using the second search field - ie. search within this
    newsgroup)
    on 'listing files' there is tonnes of relevant examples eg.
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...g+files&qt_g=1
    HTH
    Matt

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Excel VBA with power point?

    Malcolm,

    Here is some code to do it

    Sub FileListing()
    Dim i As Long
    Dim oFolder As Object
    Dim oFldr As Object
    Dim oFile As Object
    Dim oFiles As Object
    Dim sOld As String

    Set oFolder = oFSO.GetFolder("C:\myTest")

    a = 2
    For Each oFldr In oFolder.subFolders
    Set oFiles = oFolder.Files
    For Each oFile In oFiles
    If oFile.Type = "Microsoft Powerpoint Presentation" Then
    sOld = oFile.Name
    Range("A" & a) = sOld
    a = a + 1
    End If
    Next oFile
    Next oFldr

    RP

  4. #4

    Arrow

    Sorry, Could not reply due to weekend.

    Thank you to give the code for file listing.
    Basically it is not to list only files in excel. As you have said, there are tons of code available in this NG one of which I am using.
    The problem is to list each slide in those files with hyperlink in excel.

    All the files are having different nos of slides in it. My target is to list all the slides in excel and then whenever user clicks on/selects those cells, relevant slide is shown in the excel or in a VBA form. If clicked on blank cell nothing happens and the form becoms hidden.

    There might be some similer code to list those slides in ppt files but my searches in the NG didn't gave any relavent results.
    I hope you can help me to list all the slides.

    Malcom