How to Set VB ComboBox ListFillRange to a Defined Range in an external workbook

  1. #1
    Ken
    Guest

    How to Set VB ComboBox ListFillRange to a Defined Range in an external workbook

    How does one set the ListFillRange for a ComboBox placed in a sheet in an
    Excel Workbook to be filled from a defined range in another workbook. I am
    hoping this can be done such that the external workbook does not need to be
    open in order to fill the ComboBox.

    I tried assigning the ListFillRange property for the ComboBox to the
    following, where the range is located in "sheet1" of the external
    "NewBook.xls" workbook.

    'C:\[NewBook.xls]Sheet1'!$a$1:$a$10

    However, on entering the above the ListFillRange property blanks, losing my
    entry. Any ideas would be appreciated.

    KSE

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How to Set VB ComboBox ListFillRange to a Defined Range in an external workbook

    The workbook must be open.

    Perhaps you could use a querytable to retrieve the data into the current
    workbook and then use the results for the listfill range.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...