off topic question

  1. #1
    someguy
    Guest

    off topic question

    Hi,

    I apologize in advance as I know this isn't the newsgroup for this
    type of question but this group has helped me out on many other issues so
    i'd figure i'd give it a shot. I need to find some type of utility (for
    windows 200, for either crystal reports or adobe) that takes a 100+ (or any
    number) print job and splits that into individual print jobs of 4 pages
    each - basically, print 4 pages, start another job and print another 4
    pages ect. If anyone know of a utility out there that can do that please
    let me know. Many Thanks.

    TIA

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: off topic question

    Don't know of any such utility, but the enterprise version of Crystal Reports
    includes their Report Designer Component with the object library to build,
    run, and manipulate reports; I am sure you could easily write your own
    Crystal utility with that tool - if you are willing to spend the $$$.

    You could also explore the possibility of intercepting the print jobs via
    the Windows API for a more general purpose utility - don't know the specifics
    of the calls needed for print jobs but I am sure you could find out easily -
    there is lots of good documentation for the Win API on the web, including the
    MSDN Library.

  3. #3
    Inderjit Rai
    Guest

    RE: off topic question

    thanks for the hints....i will look into the ms library.