Moving Items to bottom of spreadsheet based on criteria

  1. #1
    Noel
    Guest

    Moving Items to bottom of spreadsheet based on criteria

    I have a spreadsheet with several hundered items that continues to be
    updated. I am looking for a way to move items to the bottom of the
    spreadsheet when a certain field is changed to "Resolved". I am not that
    fimiliar with excel but was hoping someone here could help me or point me in
    the correct direction.

  2. #2
    David
    Guest

    RE: Moving Items to bottom of spreadsheet based on criteria

    Hi Noel,
    If you have a field or column for the status, "Resolved", the spreadsheet
    can be sorted on that field. Hope that helps.

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Moving Items to bottom of spreadsheet based on criteria

    What do you mean by items? What specifically are the items? What do you
    consider the bottom of the spreadsheet - after any cells containing values?
    By Field, do you mean a cell has the word resolved type in it.

    It sounds like you have a database type layout where each row represents a
    separate transaction. in one column you enter the word resolved for any
    transaction that is completed and you would like all the resolved rows to be
    moved to the bottom.

    This could be done by sorting. (Data=>Sort). Sort on the column that
    contains the word resolve or a blank cell.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Noel
    Guest

    Re: Moving Items to bottom of spreadsheet based on criteria

    Each item is a transaction, and bottom of spreadsheet is just that, the area
    below items where there is not data. A simple sort just doesn't work, that's
    all I see. I need to see the rest of the list and when an item is changed to
    "resolved" I need it to automatically move to the "bottom" of the spreadsheet.

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Moving Items to bottom of spreadsheet based on criteria

    I assume you are an experienced coder, so:

    Use the Change Event and cut the row to the "bottom of the spreadsheet"

    See Chip Pearson's page on Events

    Just for interest -
    >bottom of spreadsheet is just that, the area
    > below items where there is not data.

    to me, the bottom of a spreadsheet is Row 65536. That's why I asked.

  6. #6
    David
    Guest

    Re: Moving Items to bottom of spreadsheet based on criteria

    Hi Noel,
    You indicate there are formulas. Do the formulas reference only the row for
    each item or do they cross rows? You can safely sort if the formulas do not
    "cross" rows with out worrying about "messing up" the references. This will
    be the same whether you auto a move or do it with a manual sort.

  7. #7
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Moving Items to bottom of spreadsheet based on criteria

    I see two posts from Noel and don't see the word "formula" in either. Is
    there another post I am not seeing?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...