Can't open protected sheets

  1. #1
    Laurent Imbault
    Guest

    Can't open protected sheets

    Had to reinstall my system (OS 10.3)
    and now my proctecte excel sheets (Excel Mac 2004) won't open. I get the
    message:
    This workbook has been password protected with an encryption scheme not
    available in this region. This workbook cannot be opened

    Only work around so far is to open in OS 9 with an old Excel version
    any other ideas ?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Can't open protected sheets

    This reminds me of a problem Windows Excel users in France used to have
    opening protected workbooks from other countries. Windows/Excel used to
    respect French laws on encryption (since changed I understand) and refused
    to open workbooks encrypted with certain algorithms. But all the French
    user had to do was to temporarily change his country/language designation
    under Windows Control Panel and the restriction was lifted.

    I do not know if it is the same issue with the Mac or if there is an
    equivalent answer.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Laurent Imbault

    "Jim Rech" wrote:

    > This reminds me of a problem Windows Excel users in France used to have
    > opening protected workbooks from other countries. Windows/Excel used to
    > respect French laws on encryption (since changed I understand) and refused
    > to open workbooks encrypted with certain algorithms. But all the French
    > user had to do was to temporarily change his country/language designation
    > under Windows Control Panel and the restriction was lifted.
    >
    > I do not know if it is the same issue with the Mac or if there is an
    > equivalent answer.
    >
    > --
    > Jim Rech
    > Excel MVP
    > "Laurent Imbault" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > | Had to reinstall my system (OS 10.3)
    > | and now my proctecte excel sheets (Excel Mac 2004) won't open. I get the
    > | message:
    > | This workbook has been password protected with an encryption scheme not
    > | available in this region. This workbook cannot be opened
    > |
    > | Only work around so far is to open in OS 9 with an old Excel version
    > | any other ideas ?

    Problem solved, thanks for your help