Custom Number Formatting

  1. #1
    LDanix
    Guest

    Custom Number Formatting

    I am trying to set up a custom number format. I need it to be able to show
    one decimal place, but only if there is a decimal in the data I enter. I
    would use the standard format except that I want to have "lbs" after the
    figure.

    I've used "# 'lbs'" and "#.# 'lbs'" but they don't give me what I want. The
    first will round off data with a decimal, and the second will place a decimal
    after the number even if there is no decimal in the data entered. I need a
    single format that when "75" and "87.5" are entered, it will yeild "75 lbs"
    and "87.5 lbs" respectively.

  2. #2
    Claud Balls
    Guest

    Re: Custom Number Formatting

    Use:
    General "lbs"

  3. #3
    LDanix
    Guest

    Re: Custom Number Formatting

    Thank you, Claud! That worked perfect.

  4. #4
    LDanix
    Guest

    Re: Custom Number Formatting

    I have run into another problem with the custom number formatting. Same basic
    idea as the original post, except the data being entered comes from a formula
    and sometimes has a infinite decimal. I have tried using "##.##°" as the
    format, but when the figure is an even number, it places a decimal after the
    number- I want to avoid that if possible. How would I do it?