vlookup problems

  1. #1
    DMoney
    Guest

    vlookup problems

    I have a spreadsheet that I programmatically manipulate one section of my
    code inputs multiple vlookups. The code is not the problem nor is the
    syntax, and i have recalculated the sheet several times. The result values
    will not display. I can manually type in another formula then retype the
    vlookup and it will work for that cell. I guess my question is -- is my
    sheet corrupted and need to be replaced or is there another method of
    refreshing the formulas?

    Help if u can

    Thanks,

    --
    EzMoney

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: vlookup problems

    I would take a look at the underlying cell formats/values. It sounds like
    either some are formatted as text or the values are not quite what you
    think. May have hidden characters or spaces.

    There are several methods for rectifying. If it is values that are 'seen' as
    text you can copy a blank cell, paste special...+Add, if there are hidden
    characters or spaces, you could use the TRIM or CLEAN functions

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DMoney
    Guest

    Re: vlookup problems

    Nick - Not sure what was going on. I rebooted my machine and changed the
    vlookup code from explicit addresses to R1C1 format and everything is now
    reacting correctly. my guess is the reboot dumped some glitchy cache and
    corrected the problem.

    Sorry it took me so long to reply. I frequently ask and answer posts on
    this site and truely appreciate your response.

    -Devin