Copy a form from excel into a new word document

  1. #1
    kevin
    Guest

    Copy a form from excel into a new word document

    Could you tell me the vba code to copy a document from excel and paste it
    into a new word document?

    many thanks.

  2. #2
    nippetee
    Guest

    RE: Copy a form from excel into a new word document

    Hello Kevin

    One way could be to record a macro in word while doing the import by hand.
    then go to tools|macro|visualbasiceditor and there you find newmacros from
    normal|modules that contains recorded macrocodes.

    Here is example code I recorded while importing an excel document to word

    Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="Excel.Sheet.8", FileName:= _
    "pathtodocument\documentname.xls", _
    LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False

    hope this helps

    ..nippetee

  3. #3
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    RE: Copy a form from excel into a new word document

    Kevin, do you want to 'copy a form' (as in your subject line) or 'copy a
    document (as in your message)?

    To 'copy a form', in Excel, export the form to a file (File + Export file)
    and import that file in Word (File + Import File)

  4. #4
    kevin
    Guest

    RE: Copy a form from excel into a new word document

    Hi,

    Sorry I didn't explain myself clearly. I want the user to activate a button
    which will copy a cell range from excel and paste it into a word document ?

    Can you help.