Unable to Record

  1. #1
    CLR
    Guest

    Unable to Record

    Hi All............

    All of a sudden I get the error message "Unable to Record" when I try to
    record a macro in a new workbook.......WinXP, XL97........I have been qable
    to record all along till now.

    I can unhide my Personal.xls file and am able to record there, but not in
    the main book....even tho I have stripped all Add-ins and reopened a new book
    several times.

    Any help would be appreciated
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Unable to Record

    Chuck

    Unfortunately the "Unable to record" message has several potential causes.

    Suggest you wander through these google search results dealing with this
    issue. Perhaps something will do the trick.

    The Personal.xls file seems to be high on the list.

    http://snipurl.com/826z

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Unable to Record

    I've tested a little further and found that I CAN record macros in
    pre-existing workbooks, and of course in my Personal.xls workbook as I
    already said,........... just NOT in a new workbook..........no "255
    character" problem, the workbook is brand new, no entry in any cell
    yet......... no "Add to favorites" problem, again, the workbook is brand
    new, and the message occurs when I first try to start recording in a NEW
    workbook...............any body had this problem?...........is there any
    place where I can get a list of what this Excel Error message means?

    TIA
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...