Prevent "Opening..." alert when opening from VBA

  1. #1
    Steven Wallace
    Guest

    Prevent "Opening..." alert when opening from VBA

    Is there any way to prevent Excel from showing an "Opening..." alert
    when accessing a file from the Web via VBA? The dialog pops up in
    front of other applications when I want Excel to perform its work in
    the background, and takes the focus away from the front window.

    Thanks for any clues - I've not been able to figure out a decent query
    to archives...

    Steven Wallace

  2. #2
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Prevent "Opening..." alert when opening from VBA

    try

    application.displayalerts=false
    'stuff
    application.displayalerts=true