Form Date picker

  1. #1
    Rob Hargreaves
    Guest

    Form Date picker

    Hi,

    Do you know if I can get a coded date picker to work in
    my excel sheet I need it to output to a cell on the sheet.

    Thanks

    Rob

  2. #2
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Form Date picker

    A little more detail would help us help you.
    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rob
    Guest

    Re: Form Date picker

    Mike,

    I have got an open worksheet and on there I have through
    the form toolbar added a calendar 10.0

    The calendar is sitting just where and is formatted as I
    would like too.

    I have been trying to write this -

    Private Sub Calendar1_AfterUpdate()

    'Application.Worksheets("Daily").Range("C4").Value =
    Calendar1.Value
    Application.Worksheets("Daily").Range("C4").Value =
    Calendar1.Value

    End Sub

    can you tell me where I am wrong?

    - The sheet the calendar is on and the sheet I want the
    output to is called "Daily"
    - I want to click on any date and the cell C4 will update
    with the value selected on the calendar

    Thanks

    Rob

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Form Date picker

    Start here
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    Guest

    Re: Form Date picker

    Thanks Ron

    I will let you know if I have any problems

  6. #6
    Rob
    Guest

    Re: Form Date picker

    Ron,

    That has worked for me a treat, thank you.

    One thing I would like to do is make it so the date
    cannot be picked if it is after "today".

    How can I get a message box to come up and say "The date
    must be before now"

    Regards

    Rob

  7. #7
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Form Date picker

    Use this

    Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
    If CDbl(Calendar1.Value) > Date Then
    MsgBox "The date must be before now"
    Else
    ActiveCell.Value = CDbl(Calendar1.Value)
    ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy"
    ActiveCell.Select