SQL Connect

  1. #1
    Soniya
    Guest

    SQL Connect

    Hi All,

    I was connecting to a web server by using sql. now the name of the
    database file has changed and having error in acceccing the file.

    previously the file name was like abc_def_ghi.dbo and now the database
    file name on the server is like abc.def.ghi.dbo
    when i try to use SQL it says the maximum number of prefixes allowd is
    three and i exceed the limit. since i have no authority to cahnge the
    dbo name, is there a wayaround to overcome this problem?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Hari Prasadh
    Guest

    Re: SQL Connect

    Hi,

    Probably you should post it to one of the SQL groups. (Usually the majority
    of people who answer to posts are active around US day-time, hence, lesser
    chances of finding an answer within an Excel group)

    Thanks a lot,
    Hari
    India

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    melepoil
    Guest

    Re: SQL Connect

    Hi hari,

    I am talking about connecting to SQL using excel macro and not any othe way..

    thanks