Formats: Too many different cell formats error message

  1. #1

    Formats: Too many different cell formats error message

    Hello: I have a file in Excel about 1.5 mb in size with about 10
    worksheets with lot of formats & conditional formatting.

    I saved and closed the file. Now whenever I try to open the file, I get
    an error message:
    "Too many different cell formats"

    Any suggestions on how I can open this file?
    I would appreciate your help.

    TIA
    Vinay

  2. #2
    ben
    Guest

    RE: Formats: Too many different cell formats error message

    What version of excel did yo usave it in? Can you try opening this in a
    different version?

  3. #3

    Re: Formats: Too many different cell formats error message

    The file is saved in Excel 2000
    I tried to opening it in Excel 2003.
    Did not work.

    Vinay

  4. #4

    Re: Formats: Too many different cell formats error message

    Maybe:

    XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

    And if you ever have trouble opening this file, you may want to try openOffice.

    http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

    A few people have posted that they could open the file in OpenOffice, then
    remove some of the formatting, save it and then excel would open that file ok.