Fill in the blanks

  1. #1
    BOB
    Guest

    Fill in the blanks

    Hi
    Im new to VB and need to accomplish the following.
    My spread sheet (a .txt file that I am importing) has 6000+ lines. If any
    of the data from one line to the next is duplicated the cell is blank
    Example:

    cat feline black female
    white male
    tabby

    So across the used range. if the cell is blank I would like to copy in the
    same entry as the cell above it
    to give:

    cat feline black female
    cat feline white male
    cat feline tabby male

    Thanks for all replies

  2. #2
    BOB
    Guest

    RE: Fill in the blanks

    THanks Jim
    Sometimes one cant see the forest for the trees. Ive used visible cells for
    a while now and had not seen the blanks options. Mission accomplished!
    Thanks again