converting from text to number

  1. #1
    james
    Guest

    converting from text to number

    I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following:

    1 2 3 .... 31
    row 1
    row 2
    row 3 Jan
    row 4
    row 5 Feb

    row x Dec

    I would like to replace column 1 up to Jan to 1. Replace the cell below Jan
    to Feb to 2. etc.

    Would anyone help.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: converting from text to number

    set rng = columns(1).SpecialCells(xlBlanks)
    i = 1
    for each ar in rng.areas
    ar.Value = i
    i = i + 1