VBA project in Intranet

  1. #1
    MVM
    Guest

    VBA project in Intranet

    EXcel VBA gurus:
    This project works fine when opened in excel.
    But my pop up is giving problem when opened in intranet link.
    on degbugging, showpopup fails.

    -2147467259 Method 'ShowPopup' of object 'CommandBar' failed

    ------code ---
    For Each bar In CommandBars
    If bar.Name = "MyBar" Then
    x = 1
    Set myPopup = bar
    Exit For
    End If
    Next bar

    If x = 0 Then
    Call CreateMyPopup
    End If

    myPopup.Enabled = True
    myPopup.ShowPopup

    ------code ---

    it works sometimes.

    Thanks
    MVM

  2. #2
    MVM
    Guest

    RE: VBA project in Intranet

    Dave's post to someone's question solved this problem. The article pointed
    me how to open Excel file in Excel when clicked on a link in IE.

    It now opens in Excel and code works.
    Now i got another problem. This behavior is seen only when I use link in IE
    to open the file. It works fine when opened directly.

    I have two combos
    I select one from cmb1 and select one from cmb2
    click on some cell, cmb2 selection display moves to first item.
    When I checked the listIndex, it is not changed - it is the correct selection.
    only display changes.

    I checked the KB and discussion groups, could not find.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    MVM