Excel SendMail Not working in XP Office 2003

  1. #1
    Dannyboy1001
    Guest

    Excel SendMail Not working in XP Office 2003

    I have an Excel Spreadsheet that contains a button. In the button there is a
    macro that uses the Sendmail VB command. It works in Window 2000 Office
    2000. Now, it does not work XP Office 2003. It goes into Debug mode and I
    get the following error.

    The VBProject of the Copy of Facility Request form.xls is either protected
    or has no compoents.

    Can it be fixed? Why do I get this error in XP Office 2003 and not in
    Windows 2000 Office 2003?

    Thanks for you help in advance.

  2. #2
    gocush
    Guest

    RE: Excel SendMail Not working in XP Office 2003

    Can you post the entire code which is behind the Button. Without it, it's
    quite hard to tell.

  3. #3
    Dannyboy1001
    Guest

    RE: Excel SendMail Not working in XP Office 2003

    Here is the macro in the button:

    Sub SendDocumentAsAttachment()

    Dim wb As Workbook
    Dim strdate As String
    Dim fac, disemail As String
    strdate = Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss")
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    ActiveSheet.Copy
    Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
    fac = wb.ActiveSheet.Range("B7").Value
    disemail = wb.ActiveSheet.Range("Z7").Value

    With wb
    .SaveAs "Copy of " & ThisWorkbook.Name _
    & " " & strdate & ".xls"
    If disemail = "" Then
    .SendMail "[email protected]", _
    "Cloverleaf Interface Request for " & fac
    Else
    .SendMail Array("[email protected]", disemail), _
    "Cloverleaf Interface Request for " & fac
    End If
    RemoveAllMacros ActiveWorkbook
    .Close True
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    ActiveWorkbook.Close True

    End Sub

    Sub RemoveAllMacros(objDocument As Object)
    ' deletes all VBProject components from objDocument
    ' removes the code from built-in components that can't be deleted
    ' use like this: RemoveAllMacros ActiveWorkbook ' in Excel
    ' or like this: RemoveAllMacros ActiveWorkbookDocument ' in Word
    ' requires a reference to the
    ' Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility library
    Dim i As Long, l As Long
    If objDocument Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    i = 0
    On Error Resume Next
    i = objDocument.VBProject.VBComponents.Count
    On Error GoTo 0
    If i < 1 Then ' no VBComponents or protected VBProject
    MsgBox "The VBProject in " & objDocument.Name & _
    " is protected or has no components!", _
    vbInformation, "Remove All Macros"
    Exit Sub
    End If
    With objDocument.VBProject
    For i = .VBComponents.Count To 1 Step -1
    On Error Resume Next
    .VBComponents.Remove .VBComponents(i)
    ' delete the component
    On Error GoTo 0
    Next i
    End With
    With objDocument.VBProject
    For i = .VBComponents.Count To 1 Step -1
    l = 1
    On Error Resume Next
    l = .VBComponents(i).CodeModule.CountOfLines
    .VBComponents(i).CodeModule.DeleteLines 1, l
    ' clear lines
    On Error GoTo 0
    Next i
    End With
    End Sub

  4. #4
    gocush
    Guest

    RE: Excel SendMail Not working in XP Office 2003

    A couple of things come to mind:
    1. The message you are getting is not an error. It is part of the
    RemoveAllMacros Sub that is included with your code. It says that either
    there are no VBA components to remove, or that you have protected the VB Code
    with a password. I would try looking at the vb code: Alt +F11. If it asks
    for a password then you (or somebody) have protected the vb code, hence the
    msg.
    If this is the case, you can unprotect it or change the part of you code
    that gives you the message.

    2. In the first part of you code you are sending a copy of your worksheet
    as email, THEN deleting the vb code. Usually, the vb code is removed BEFORE
    sending the email in order to protect your code or if the recipient has no
    need for it. Do you have some other reason for removing the code after
    sending the email? If not then move the Remove..... line up before the
    Sendmail line

  5. #5
    Dannyboy1001
    Guest

    RE: Excel SendMail Not working in XP Office 2003

    Item 1 is not the issue, the VBA compoents when opened does not ask for a
    password. I moved the RemoveAllMacros ActiveWorkbook statement before the IF
    statement and I still get the same error. This code works without any issues
    in Windows 2000/Office 2000. Can anyone tell me why this code is not working
    in WIN XP/Office 2003?

  6. #6
    gocush
    Guest

    RE: Excel SendMail Not working in XP Office 2003

    oK. The message you are getting is dependent upon the following code line
    from your Remove..... sub:

    i = objDocument.VBProject.VBComponents.Count

    could you put a breakpoint on this line, then run the code, step into this
    one line then pass your cursor over the variable "i"

    If "i" is less than 1 then you don't have any vb components in this new
    workbook . You are trying to remove vb with this code. If none exists
    then you will get this msg. To verify this, open the Visual Basic Editor,
    Select the file that you are trying to email and see if there are any modules
    or code behind the sheet objects or ThisWorkbook module.

    Get back to us with what the vb component count is in the wbk you are
    trying to email. Then we can see where to go from there.

  7. #7
    Dannyboy1001
    Guest

    RE: Excel SendMail Not working in XP Office 2003

    I figured out my problem. It's not an issue. I found out (and I think you
    stated it early) that in Outlook 2003 there is a security box that now
    appears. I apologize for taking up your time. I do have another issue, but
    I will post it on a new thread.

    Again thanks for your help