How do I split "A1B2" into "A1" and "B2" using text to column fun.

  1. #1
    Jennifer
    Guest

    How do I split "A1B2" into "A1" and "B2" using text to column fun.

    Dear all:
    I have data stored in Excel with the format of "XY1AB2" which is alway a
    series of alphabet follow by a digit. I would like to split the text into
    columns "XY1" and "AB2". I am currently manually puting space between XY1 and
    AB2 and run "text into columns" and use space as the delimited marker. It
    takes a lot of time. i am wondering if anyone can help with a macro or a
    solution for this? Thanks.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Jennifer

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: How do I split "A1B2" into "A1" and "B2" using text to column fun.

    Jennifer

    Is there always a pattern, split in half, three/three, etc. or is it split
    after the first numeric?

    Let us know for a solution

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel