Copy picture from image control

  1. #1
    Ian
    Guest

    Copy picture from image control

    I have an Excel addin that contains an image control on a userform. When
    the addin is run, I would like to copy the picture from the image control to
    a worksheet. What I would like to do is ActiveSheet.pictures.add
    Image1.Picture, but of course this doesn't work.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Copy picture from image control

    Where did the image control get the picture - it is usually from a file -
    couldn't you import the image from the file?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Michel Pierron
    Guest

    Re: Copy picture from image control

    Hi ,
    May be:

    Private Declare Function OpenClipboard& _
    Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long)
    Private Declare Function EmptyClipboard _
    Lib "user32" () As Long
    Private Declare Function SetClipboardData& _
    Lib "user32" (ByVal wFormat&, ByVal hMem&)
    Private Declare Function CloseClipboard& _
    Lib "user32" ()
    Private Declare Function DestroyIcon& _
    Lib "user32" (ByVal hIcon&)

    Sub ImageCopy()
    Dim iPic As StdPicture, hCopy&
    Set iPic = UserForm1.Image1.Picture
    OpenClipboard 0&: EmptyClipboard
    hCopy = SetClipboardData(2, iPic.handle)
    CloseClipboard
    If hCopy Then
    ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    ' Save image on disk:
    'SavePicture iPic, "c:\Recup.bmp"
    End If
    DestroyIcon iPic.handle
    Set iPic = Nothing

    MP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Copy picture from image control

    Excellent! That is exactly what I needed. Thank you.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Copy picture from image control

    Yes, but then I would need to distribute the file with the addin, which I
    don't want to do.

    news:#[email protected]...