Automatically Replacing existing file on save

  1. #1
    windsurferLA
    Guest

    Automatically Replacing existing file on save

    I'm using XL97 under WinXP-pro.

    I use a "Sub auto_close()" macro to save my workbook when I close it.

    The following VB code does the job of overwriting the existing file, but
    it does not add the file to the Most Recently used (MRU) list:

    Workbooks("Actions0.xls").Save

    The following VB code adds the the file to the MRU list, but it requires
    manual authorization to overwrite the existing file:

    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:= _
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My
    Documents\__Scratch\_2005Jan\XLmenu\Actions0.xls" _
    , FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
    ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False, AddToMru:=True

    The following code does NOT seem to work:
    Workbooks("Actions0.xls").Save, AddToMru:=True

    Can someone clue me in to the right syntax. I could not find it in any
    of my reference books.

    Thanks ... WindsurferLA

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Automatically Replacing existing file on save

    IN the code that works, precede with

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

    reset at the end.

    RP