Calculate Number Attending

  1. #1
    Michael Koerner
    Guest

    Calculate Number Attending

    The spread sheet has 2000 plus names and addresses. Not all people will be
    attending the event.
    Col H = the state/prov, Col Q contains the number of people in that row
    attending Is it possible to have in another sheet named totals for example a
    list of all the states and provinces in one column, and in the next column
    display the total number of people from that state/prov attending the function?

    --

    Regards
    Michael Koerner

  2. #2
    Forum Guru
    Tokyo, Japan
    MS-Off Ver
    2013 O.365
    Posts
    22,525
    Hi,
    assuming you have a header in cell H1
    hope this helps
    jindon
    Last edited by jindon; 02-05-2005 at 07:02 AM.

  3. #3
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Number Attending

    Check out Pivot Table (Menu, Data, Pivot Table) usage for this.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Michael Koerner
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Number Attending

    Jim, thanks I have never used a Pivot Table before. Any place to go where I can
    see an example on setting one up?

    --

    Regards
    Michael Koerner

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Number Attending

    There are instructions and links for pivot tables on Jon Peltier's site:

    Michael Koerner wrote:
    > Jim, thanks I have never used a Pivot Table before. Any place to go where I can
    > see an example on setting one up?

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

  6. #6
    Michael Koerner
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Number Attending

    Thanks, will have a look.

    --

    Regards
    Michael Koerner

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Michael Koerner
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Number Attending

    Instructions were great, works like a charm. Thanks to all.