+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Docking Project Explorer Vertically

  1. #1
    ChelseaWarren
    Guest

    Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    I used to have my Project Explorer docked at the left side. Somehow it now
    refuses to dock anywhere other than horizontally. I would like the Project
    Explorer at the left and the modules at the right.

    What am I doing wrong? It's driving me crazy!

  2. #2
    Rob Bovey
    Guest

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    "ChelseaWarren" <ChelseaWarren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I used to have my Project Explorer docked at the left side. Somehow it now
    > refuses to dock anywhere other than horizontally. I would like the
    > Project
    > Explorer at the left and the modules at the right.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong? It's driving me crazy!

    Hi Chelsea,

    Hold down the Ctrl key then click and drag the Project Explorer window
    by the title bar back to the left side. It may take a couple of tries to get
    it docked there again. If you don't hit it exactly right it will either
    undock or snap back to the top again.

    --
    Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
    Application Professionals

    * Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
    * Professional Excel Development
    http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

  3. #3
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    Grab the Project Title Bar and drag it clear off the VBE window and then
    drag it back to the window where you want it, watching the ghost outline to
    change to vertical.

  4. #4
    ChelseaWarren
    Guest

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    Thanks for the reply. I tried this at least 20 times and it will still only
    dock at the top. I also tried moving it clear off the VBE window and back.
    Still won't work.

  5. #5
    ChelseaWarren
    Guest

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    Thanks for replying. The ghost outline turns vertical but the Project
    Explorer just sits to the left without docking. I tried this with and
    without the CTRL key.

  6. #6
    Peter T
    Guest

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    Hi Chelsea,

    If you're comfortable with editing your registry, try renaming or deleting
    "Dock"

    HKCU-Software-Microsoft-VBA-Common-Dock

    Or for xl97, under VBA-Office

    A new key should be created next time you start Excel and your VBE.

    Only came across last week this because I'm also having a problem with my
    VBE. Not your problem but the my main "Menu Bar" items not responding
    whenever I have an addin loaded that interacts with VBE commandbars. Didn't
    fix my problem though!

    Regards,
    Peter T

  7. #7
    Rob Bovey
    Guest

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    Hi Chelsea,

    If you can't fix the problem any other way, here's the sledgehammer
    approach. Close Excel and open RegEdit (choose Start > Run, type RegEdit
    into the Run dialog and click OK). Navigate to the following registry key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\6.0\Common

    On the right side look for a registry entry called "Dock" of Type
    REG_BINARY. Double-click it to bring up the edit dialog, delete everything
    in the Value Data box and click OK. The data for the key should now say
    "(zero-length binary value)"

    Start Excel again and open the VBE. All of the windows sizes and docking
    positions should be reset to their defaults.

  8. #8
    Peter T
    Guest

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    > HKCU-Software-Microsoft-VBA-Common-Dock

    typo, should be

    HKCU-Software-Microsoft-VBA-6.0-Common-Dock

    Peter T

  9. #9
    ChelseaWarren
    Guest

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    Thank you!! Thank you!!

  10. #10
    ChelseaWarren
    Guest

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    Thank you!! That was it.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    09-21-2010
    Location
    vancouver
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003
    Posts
    3

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    OMG!!!! How can the VBA editor be so stupid! Your registry tip helped immensely I've never experienced such frustration in trying to do something as simple as putting the windows back to their default positions.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    09-24-2014
    Location
    London
    MS-Off Ver
    2007
    Posts
    1
    Hi All, understand this is an old thread but to save the sanity of those coming across this problem and those less experienced with RegEdit I came across this chap that deserves a medal for its simplicity.

    Basically in VBE tools > options > docking

    Uncheck all/some, recheck all/ some save exit.

    C.

    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/VBEDocking.asp

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaWarren View Post

  13. #13
    Registered User
    02-07-2016
    Location
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaWarren View Post
    I used to have my Project Explorer docked at the left side. Somehow it now
    refuses to dock anywhere other than horizontally. I would like the Project
    Explorer at the left and the modules at the right.

    What am I doing wrong? It's driving me crazy!
    new.png

    right click there(on the heading of vba project) select dockable.
    Done!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    07-15-2016
    Location
    Seattle
    MS-Off Ver
    2010
    Posts
    1

    Re: Docking Project Explorer Vertically

    I signed up for an account just to say THANK YOU

  15. #15
    Registered User
    02-07-2016
    Location
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by miaosy89 View Post
    I signed up for an account just to say THANK YOU
    Happy to help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast