Automation Errors

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Automation Errors

    Hello,

    I have created some macros in the VB editor. Part of the macros go out
    and get a selection of rows and columns. The macro works fine on my
    computer.

    On another computer the macro refuses to open correctly saying
    "Autoation Error, Unspecified Error". Once the macro is loaded I try
    to run a routine and get the same error for a line that has a line like
    Set ARange = Sheet1.Range ("A1", "B2") and end up getting the same
    error.

    Is the OLE ready to go when Excel is launched or does it have to be
    enabled somehow?

    Thanks.

    Mike

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Automation Errors

    It is ready to go. The error is probably a combination of your code and the
    environment you are operating in (on the other machine). Something like
    this would be hard to debug without having access to the machine to try to
    discover where the problem is. You might have to go to that machine and
    start commenting out lines until the error goes away. As a start, I would
    run it until I get an error, then go into the VBE and in the menu,
    Tools=>References and see if any reference is marked as MISSING. If so, you
    need to fix that reference.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...