UserForm Viewing

  1. #1
    Diane Alsing
    Guest

    UserForm Viewing

    I am new to userforms. I userstand how to set them up now, but can't figure
    out how to make them visible.

    I have a piece of code from my manual:

    Sub ShowForm
    UserForm1.Show
    End Sub

    But I have no idea where this code is suppose to go.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Diane

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: UserForm Viewing

    Hi Diane

    you need to decide when you want the userform to appear -

    the code you have goes in a normal code module - in the VBE window - insert
    / module from the menu and copy & paste the sub showform code in there -
    you can then access this code from tools / macro / macros ... showform and
    run

    or from a toolbar button (view /toolbars / customise .. .under the commands
    tab on the left hand side, find macros, drag the smiley face button to your
    toolbar, right mouse click on it and choose assign macro - choose the
    showfrom macro (after you've put it into a module as above) - close the
    customise box and click on the smiley face button to display the userform.

    these are only two of a number of different ways to display the userform -
    so if neither of these are the way you really want to go, please let us know
    when / how you'ld like the form to appear and we'll see what other options
    we can come up with.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Diane Alsing
    Guest

    Re: UserForm Viewing

    Yeah - I was doing that but did not realize I had to RUN the macro to display
    the form - duh! Thanks for opening my eyes!

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: UserForm Viewing

    glad its solved and thanks for the feedback