Retrieving Value

  1. #1
    Jeff
    Guest

    Retrieving Value

    Greetings,
    My worksheet uses Routing and I would like to pull the Routing Recepients
    names off of the routing slip and put them somewhere on the worksheet to
    everyone can see who the worksheet will be routed to. I have read the help
    file on this, but I am a little confused. Below is what Help says. I would
    just like code to retreive the routing recipients. I think my code should be
    something like:
    Names = ThisWorkbook.RoutingSlip.Recepients, but I am confused.

    help please.....

    Syntax
    expression.Recipients(Index)
    expression Required. An expression that returns a RoutingSlip object.
    Index Optional Variant. The recipient. If this argument isn’t specified,
    the Recipients property returns (or can be set to) an array that contains all
    recipients.
    Remarks
    The order of the recipient list defines the delivery order if the routing
    delivery option is xlOneAfterAnother.
    If a routing slip is in progress, only those recipients who haven’t already
    received and routed the document are returned or set.

    --
    Jeff

  2. #2
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: Retrieving Value

    Jeff

    I wouldn't use Names as it's a reserved word and you probably don't need a
    variable anyway.

    Dim i As Long

    With ThisWorkbook.RoutingSlip.Recipients
    For i = 1 to .Count
    Sheet1.Cells(i,1).Value = .Item(i)
    Next i
    End With

    Untested, but I think it will work.

    --
    **** Kusleika
    Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Jeff
    Guest

    Re: Retrieving Value

    Hi ****,
    Thank you for the code. Unfortantely, it is not working. I would welcome
    any other suggestions please. Thank you in advance.
    Jeff

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Retrieving Value

    Sub AAABB()
    Dim myNames As Variant
    Dim rw As Long
    myNames = ThisWorkbook.RoutingSlip.Recipients()
    rw = 10
    For i = LBound(myNames) To UBound(myNames)
    Cells(rw, "Z").Value = myNames(i)
    rw = rw + 1
    Next

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Jeff
    Guest

    Re: Retrieving Value

    Tom,
    this is absolutely amazing!! It works great. Thank you,
    Jeff