2pcs of code, a button & a checkbox

  1. #1
    Lynda
    Guest

    2pcs of code, a button & a checkbox

    Hi,

    I have two pieces of code, a button and a checkbox.

    I would like to be able to have the button operate one
    piece of code should the checkbox be checked or another
    piece of code if it is left unchecked.

    how would i lay it out?

    Lynda.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: 2pcs of code, a button & a checkbox

    Assuming controls from the Control Toolbox Toolbar, use the click event for
    the commandbutton
    Private Sub Commandbutton1_Click()
    if me.Checkbox1.Value = True then
    ' some code
    else
    ' some other code
    end if
    End Sub

    Post back if from the forms toolbar.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lynda
    Guest

    Re: 2pcs of code, a button & a checkbox

    Tom

    I had to use the following code to get it to work

    If ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects("Check Box 9").Value < 1
    Then
    etc.. etc..

    how can I get the checkbox to reset on exit of the form
    to make its state as unticked even if the last thing I
    have done is tick it?

    lynda

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: 2pcs of code, a button & a checkbox

    If ActiveSheet.Checkboxes("Check Box 9").Value = xloff then ' or xlOn for
    checked

    How do you exit the form? (I assume by form you mean a worksheet that you
    have laid out to look like a paper form).

    I you mean select another sheet then perhaps right click on the sheet tab
    and select view code. In the resulting code module Put in code like

    Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
    Me.CheckBoxes("Check Box 9").Value = xlOff

  5. #5
    Guest

    Re: 2pcs of code, a button & a checkbox

    Thanks Tom,