Formula Translation

  1. #1
    Jim Berglund
    Guest

    Formula Translation

    I am trying to place the value from cell F33 in Worksheet("Data") into Cell A2 in Worksheet("New WO's"). So I used this...

    Worksheet("New WO's").Range("A2").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Data!R[33]C[5]"

    It brings the value =Data!R[33]C[5] into A2, as I expected, but it doesn't bring the new value (in this case "1")

    I then wanted to take the value in A2 and replicate it down to the bottom of the data, so I used this...

    Range("A3").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C+1"
    Range("A3").Select
    Selection.AutoFill

    Once again, it brings the string =R[-1]C+1 into A3, and replicates it down the column, as expected, but it doesn't then convert the formula to the number. What do I need to do, please?

    Thanks again,
    Jim

  2. #2
    nunya
    Guest

    Re: Formula Translation

    Don't you need to use ActiveCell.Value to get the value?

  3. #3
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: Formula Translation

    Jim

    It may be that the cell is formatted as text. Change the formatting to
    General or anything other than text and the formula will return the value.

    I don't use R1C1 much, but I don't think that formula will point to F33. I
    think you need

    =Data!R33C6

    or

    =Data!R[31]C[5]