Conditional formating 1 column based on another?

  1. #1

    Conditional formating 1 column based on another?

    Hello everyone, I need some help with creating some conditional formatiing on the following sheet:

    Column A contains a range of row titles
    COlumn B contains my first percentage
    Column C contains my second percentage
    Column E contains my third percentage
    Column F contains my fourth percentage.
    The data runs from row 8 to 46.

    What I want to do is highlight by shading the box yellow those entries in column C which are higher than column B, and highlight entries in column F that are higher than column E.

    To help me do this, I have a formula in column G that returns "higher" if column C is higher than B, and in column H a formulae that returns "higher" where column F is higher than column E - not sure if this step is necessary if done in VBA.

    Any assistance gratefully received.

    Scott.

  2. #2
    \(:][OZDOC1050][:\)
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formating 1 column based on another?

    Hi Scott,
    You should be able to do this in conditional formatting. click
    on your cell in Col C then
    go to << Format > Conditional formatting >> where it has condition 1 dial up
    << Formula is >> then in the box to the right type
    << = >> then select your cell in Col C then type > then select the cell in
    Col B. it should look something like

    =$C$7>$B$7 now delete the $signs so it becomes =C7>B7 then select the
    format option and dial up the colour required.

    once you have done this copy the cell and paste special formats to the other
    cells in the column

    regards
    Pete

    news:[email protected]...