User must agree to User Agreement

  1. #1
    Peepster
    Guest

    User must agree to User Agreement

    Please be advised that I am a bit new to the "more advanced" programming.

    I am seeking help with programing a workbook where a user must agree with a
    disclaimer before the workbook will either:

    1) File to open to the disclaimer worksheet only, and then only allow user
    to enter other worksheets within the workbook after the user agrees to a
    disclaimer. -Preferred-

    2) File will not open until they click to agree to a disclaimer.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: User must agree to User Agreement

    You can accomplish #1 in the following manner. First, put your
    disclaimer text on a worksheet named "Disclaimer". Then, hide all
    other worksheets, so that only Disclaimer is visible. In the
    ThisWorkbook code module, put the following code:

    Private Sub Worksheet_Open()
    If MsgBox("Do you agree to the disclaimer?",vbYesNo) = vbNo
    Then
    ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

    Dim WS As Worksheet
    For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    If WS.Name <> "Disclaimer"
    WS.Visible = xlVeryHidden
    End If
    Next WS

    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
    www.cpearson.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: User must agree to User Agreement

    Hi, Chip:

    In the Open event procedure, didn't you omit the lines to unhide the
    worksheets if the user agrees?

    Myrna

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: User must agree to User Agreement

    Yeah, I forgot those.

    Dim WS As Worksheet
    For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    WS.Visible = True
    Next WS

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
    www.cpearson.com

    "Myrna Larson" <[email protected]> wrote in

  5. #5
    Peepster
    Guest

    Re: User must agree to User Agreement

    I have one sheet named "Data" that I want to keep hidden. All others should
    become visible except the "Data" worksheet. What is the code for that?

    I am obviously very new to this type programming. I have to ask, "Does this
    code go into a Macro?" Sorry to prove my ignorance.

    I will play with it until I get it figured out.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    [email protected]

  6. #6
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: User must agree to User Agreement

    The modify that section to:

    For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    If WS.Name <> "Data" Then WS.Visible = True
    Next WS

    All of the code goes into the Worksheet_Open event in the module named
    ThisWorkbook.