Programatically Rename Tabs

  1. #1
    Karl Burrows
    Guest

    Programatically Rename Tabs

    I have several linked workbooks (2000, XP, 2003) where the main workbook
    tabs may be renamed as projects are archived and new ones are added. The
    problem I have is to update the links for any tabs that are renamed, I have
    to have all the workbooks open so each sees the changes live.

    Is there a way to setup a named cell in the main workbook that creates the
    tab name so that as I change tab names, it links to the new workbook and
    updates the links to the new tab as well as renaming the tabs in the other
    workbooks?

    Is there a better way to approach this? We have about 7 workbooks that are
    all linked to this main workbook and it would be nice to figure out a way to
    automate this process.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Programatically Rename Tabs

    You can write a macro to open all the workbooks and make the change. Then
    close the ones you don't need. This might be the safest way.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:%[email protected]...