External Data Toolbar

  1. #1
    Dave H
    Guest

    External Data Toolbar

    I run the web query below in VBA when my workbook opens. I use this to verify
    the version of my form and I have the users browser open up the download page
    when the version changes. Some users get the "External Data Toolbar" popup.
    Is there a way to not have the "External Data Toolbar" displayed?

    Thanks,
    Dave

    I have the following in the Workbook_Activate code.

    Application.DisplayFullScreen = True
    Application.CommandBars("Full Screen").Enabled = False
    ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized
    Here is the Query portion of the VBA
    With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
    "URL;http://test.htm", Destination:= _
    Sheets("LOI").Range("A1"))
    .Name = "version_check"
    .FieldNames = True
    .RowNumbers = False
    .FillAdjacentFormulas = False
    .PreserveFormatting = True
    .RefreshOnFileOpen = False
    .BackgroundQuery = True
    .RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells
    .SavePassword = False
    .SaveData = True
    .AdjustColumnWidth = False
    .RefreshPeriod = 0
    .WebSelectionType = xlAllTables
    .WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone
    .WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True
    .WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True
    .WebSingleBlockTextImport = False
    .WebDisableDateRecognition = False
    .WebDisableRedirections = False
    .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
    End With

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: External Data Toolbar

    Dave,

    Add this at the end of your code...

    Application.CommandBars("External Data").Visible = False

    Regards,
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "Dave H" <Dave [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I run the web query below in VBA when my workbook opens. I use this to verify
    > the version of my form and I have the users browser open up the download page
    > when the version changes. Some users get the "External Data Toolbar" popup.
    > Is there a way to not have the "External Data Toolbar" displayed?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    -snip-

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: External Data Toolbar

    If Sheet("LOI") is the activesheet, perhaps select outside the future area
    of the table

    Sheets("LOI").Range("Z1").Select
    With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
    "URL;http://test.htm", Destination:= _
    Sheets("LOI").Range("A1"))

    Adjust to get outside the table.

    Tom Ogilvy