using pword and auto protect

  1. #1
    Brian
    Guest

    using pword and auto protect

    This is what i currently use to auto protect sheet, but i want to add a
    password to this, (2468) so that the protection is password protected, but i
    do not know how
    the current syntax can be adjusted to perform this request?
    I tried to put a password on the regular way of protect and then entering a
    pword, however when the workbook opens up it goes into a debug error and I
    have to have this sheet protected automatically because without it set up
    that way one of my macros doesnt work.

    Option Explicit

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Patrol Log") _
    .Protect DrawingObjects:=True, _
    contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _
    UserInterfaceOnly:=True
    End Sub

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: using pword and auto protect

    Brian, try this,

    Option Explicit

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Patrol Log") _
    .Protect Password:="2468", DrawingObjects:=True, _
    contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _
    UserInterfaceOnly:=True

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: using pword and auto protect

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Patrol Log") _
    .Protect Password:="2468", _
    DrawingObjects:=True, _
    contents:=True, _
    Scenarios:=True, _
    UserInterfaceOnly:=True
    End Sub

    I didn't test it to see it 2468 should be entered with or without quotes.
    You can play with that.

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    Brian
    Guest

    Re: using pword and auto protect

    Perfect!!
    Thank You

  5. #5
    Brian
    Guest

    Re: using pword and auto protect

    Works,
    How can I add three more sheets to this syntax "report" "log" and "list"?

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: using pword and auto protect

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Dim sh as Worksheet, varr as Variant
    set sh = ThisWorkbook.Activesheet
    varr = Array("Patrol Log", "report", "log", "list")
    for i = lbound(varr) to ubound(varr)
    With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(varr(i)) _
    .Activate
    .Protect Password:="2468", _