Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Make excel think txt and csv are same thing

  1. #1
    rich1876
    Guest

    Make excel think txt and csv are same thing

    all txt files I use are really csv files with a txt extension. How can I tell
    excel this so it will open and parse the fields when I double click the file?

  2. #2
    ManualMan
    Guest

    Re: Make excel think txt and csv are same thing

    rename them to .csv? Works great!

  3. #3
    rich1876
    Guest

    Re: Make excel think txt and csv are same thing

    They are in email... I get them all day, I want to click them to open them.
    they are .txt

  4. #4
    georgescu
    Guest

    Re: Make excel think txt and csv are same thing

    try to asociate .txt extension with exel ...

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: Make excel think txt and csv are same thing

    "rich1876" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > They are in email... I get them all day, I want to click them to open

    them.
    > they are .txt

    Can't you make the sender change the extension to csv? If these are csv
    files, then that's the extension they should have when they are created.

Closed Thread