What does XLS VB Method 'Range of object' _Global failed mean?

  1. #1
    DCMKGG
    Guest

    What does XLS VB Method 'Range of object' _Global failed mean?

    One of our XLS is suddenly getting the above message and I cannot find what
    the cause is or even where to look for a list of common VB error messages.

  2. #2
    papou
    Guest

    Re: What does XLS VB Method 'Range of object' _Global failed mean?

    Hi
    Check for AddIns installed:
    Uncheck Addin on by one and close and re-open Excel each time.
    Next time Excel opens with no error message you will have identified the
    faulty AddIn.
    HTH
    Cordially
    Pascal

    [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: What does XLS VB Method 'Range of object' _Global failed mean?

    Some VBA code is running and trying to work with a range on the worksheet -
    but for whatever reason, it is failing in its task. Perhaps it is using the
    selection object, expecting the selection to be a range, and something else
    is selected - such as a chart object.

    Knowing what the error message means is just a start. You have to find out
    what code is running and why it is running - then test that code to see
    where the error occurs

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...