Zoom value

  1. #1
    Glen Mettler
    Guest

    Zoom value

    I can change the zoom value of a window with:
    ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75

    Is it possible to change the value of another sheet without activating it?
    Sheets("MySheet").zoom = 75 does not work

    Glen

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Zoom value

    Even though retained with the sheet, Zoom is a property of the window
    object - so the answer would be no to the best of my knowledge.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    gocush
    Guest

    RE: Zoom value

    I don't know if this helps but some of the apps I have built require, or at
    least appear best with different zoom values for each sheet. During the
    Wbk_Open event I set ScreenUpdating to False, activate each sheet and set its
    zoom, then continue with other code. The zoom value of each sheet remains
    until changed again.

  4. #4
    Glen Mettler
    Guest

    Re: Zoom value

    Thanks gocush,
    The reason for this set up is an intrinsic bug with Excel. I was having
    problems with a user form that triggered an error message - "Not enough
    systems resources to display completely." I discovered in the Knowledge
    Base that this message can be triggered if the zoom value of the source-data
    sheet was less than 100 and different from the active sheet. When I changed
    the zoom of the source-data sheet to 100, the problem went away. ( Article
    ID:183503 )

    What is interesting/confusing is that the article is for Excel 97.
    According to the article, the problem has been fixed in Excel 2000.

    ===========================
    STATUS
    Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products
    listed at the beginning of this article. This problem no longer occurs in
    Microsoft Excel 2000.

    =============================

    I am using Excel 2002, so I am wondering what is going on here? Anyway,
    seems that the problem is solved for me if I keep the source-data sheet at
    100 which I will set during the Auto_Open event.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Glen

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Zoom value

    Why did you have to set the zoom level on the workbook open event? I have
    never seen the zoom level change spontaneously. Was this a problem (zoom
    level changes of its own accord), ill behaved users or just overcautious? .

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Zoom value

    > What is interesting/confusing is that the article is for Excel 97.
    > According to the article, the problem has been fixed in Excel 2000.

    the cited article describes 4 requirements:
    The Input range of the control is linked to a second worksheet.

    -and-
    .. You zoom both worksheets to percentages other than 100 percent.

    -and-
    .. The zoom percentage of the two sheets are not equal.

    -and-
    .. You move a toolbar over the control, click the control and choose values,
    or you alternately select each of the two worksheets.

    None of them mention a userform and you don't mention a toolbar. So, while
    your problem may be related, it certainly isn't the one described as being
    fixed in the article. (not to say it is fixed either - don't know; haven't
    tested it).

    Just for interest, there were several other articles on xl97 that were
    related to the zoom percentage and out of memory errors.

  7. #7
    Glen Mettler
    Guest

    Re: Zoom value

    I often set the zoom level on the "Lists" sheet to 60 so I can see more data
    during any coding / troubleshooting. So...when I start I want to make sure
    it is set to 100.

    Glen

    news:%[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Zoom value

    Question was for gocush. You never stated that you were setting it in the
    workbook_open event.

  9. #9
    gocush
    Guest

    Re: Zoom value

    to correct ill behaved users

  10. #10
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Zoom value

    Thanks. I wondered if there was a problem with the zoom setting