hyperlink to UPS tracking web site

  1. #1
    cbrah
    Guest

    hyperlink to UPS tracking web site

    I need to enter a UPS tracking number into a cell and then create a hyperlink
    that concantinates the tracking address and the cell contents. any
    suggestions?

  2. #2
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: hyperlink to UPS tracking web site

    No idea what the tracking URL is like but this might do the job

    =HYPERLINK("http://ups.com?trackingnumber=" & A1, "Track")

    Where your tracking number is in A1

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    cbrah
    Guest

    Re: hyperlink to UPS tracking web site

    Thanks, that seems to do it. Any suggestions on how I can automate this
    hyperlinking, so that I can enter (Scan in) a tracking number and have the
    hyperlink automatically concantinate the web address and the number. This is
    what I'm building as the correct URL:
    "1za33f211346428299" - is what is seen in the cell. It is also what I have
    optically scanned from the airbill.
    "
    http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking.cgi?TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&InquiryNumber1=1za33f211346428299" - is the hyperlink address.

    I'll have a dozen or so a day, so if I can automate the process it will help.

  4. #4
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: hyperlink to UPS tracking web site

    =IF(isblank(A1),"",HYPERLINK("http://ups.com?trackingnumber=" & A1,
    "Track"))

    will only display a hyperlink if there is a tracking number.

    How are you entering the tracking numbers? You could add some code to the
    worksheet_change event to insert new links when new numbers appear.

    Tim.