importing info from a website using a macro function

  1. #1
    M.Woodard
    Guest

    importing info from a website using a macro function

    Is there a way to import info from a website using a macro function? and if
    so, how is this process done.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: importing info from a website using a macro function

    Hi

    does data / get (import) external data - new web query do what you want or
    what more / different do you need?

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    M.Woodard
    Guest

    Re: importing info from a website using a macro function

    The problem: I have a spreadsheet that is designed to compile data and
    generate charts. What they want this sheet to be able to do is go out to the
    website from which the data is collected and import it into this speadsheet
    on a weekly basis to generate the new roports. Can a macro be created within
    this speadsheet to automatically retreive and add the data to the speadsheet?

  4. #4
    M.Woodard
    Guest

    Re: importing info from a website using a macro function

    The problem: there is a speadsheet that compiles data and generates charts.
    What they are asking is to incorporate a macro that will enable the
    speadsheet to go to a website that generates that data used in the
    speadsheet, retreive this data and add it to the speadsheet each week. Can
    this be done?

  5. #5
    Warzel

    M.Woodard wrote:
    > Is there a way to import info from a website using a macro function? and if
    > so, how is this process done.

    You can open a web site like a file, just type in the URL

    In a module you can do it like this
    Workbooks.Open Filename:="http://www.the_website_of_intrest.com/"

    You can then use additional macro's to extract the data you are
    intrested in.