hiding workbooks

  1. #1
    Kilo Bravo
    Guest

    hiding workbooks

    does anyone know of a slick way to hide a workbook from the user. I kind of would to force the user just to use a form for all interaction. I don't care if they ever see excel.

    --
    K.Brown
    /*****************************************************************************

  2. #2
    Robin Hammond
    Guest

    Re: hiding workbooks

    Most simply, make the workbook an add-in and have either Auto_open or menu driven code to launch your form.

    Robin Hammond
    www.enhanceddatasystems.com

  3. #3
    Kilo Bravo
    Guest

    Re: hiding workbooks

    make the workbook an "add-in".

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: hiding workbooks

    Is that a question?

    If so, in Excel, save as an add-in, it is the last item in the file type list I believe.

    The add-in should then be installed on each users desktop, Tools>Addins and then browse to select it and add to the list of addins.

    RP

  5. #5
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    RE: hiding workbooks

    As I understand it, you have a workbook that has a form and you want to hide
    the workbook and leave the form visible. Is this correct?

    If yes, within the routine that shows the form, insert

    Application.Visible = False

    AND, in the routine where the form is unleaded, add

    Application.Visible = True

  6. #6
    Kilo Bravo
    Guest

    Re: hiding workbooks

    now, that is what I mean by "slick".

    I forgot about the application object.... thanks for the reminder.

    news:[email protected]...