pattern matching w/o using VBScript's RegExp Object

  1. #1
    Chris W.
    Guest

    pattern matching w/o using VBScript's RegExp Object

    Hi, Someone had given me a routine to test for invalid
    emails using The VBscript RegExp Object. It works great,
    but when I try to migrate it to my enduser they get a
    Compile error. when I comment out the reference to the
    Vbscript object, No compile error. Can anyone tell me if
    there is a compatible functionality available for pattern
    matching in VBA, or does anyone have a routine in VBA that
    filters out invalid emails. Thank you!!!

  2. #2
    Daniel.M
    Guest

    Re: pattern matching w/o using VBScript's RegExp Object

    Hi,

    Early of late binding.

    If early, try late
    ==> in place of Set RE = New Regexp
    use Set RE = CreateObject("vbscript.regexp")

    And define (Dim) your RE as OBJECT s.

    Regards,

    Daniel M.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Daniel.M
    Guest

    Re: pattern matching w/o using VBScript's RegExp Object

    > Early of late binding.

    I meant Early OR late binding ?

    It was a question.

    Daniel M.

  4. #4
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: pattern matching w/o using VBScript's RegExp Object

    It would help to show the lines(s) which are causing the error.

    Tim

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA