Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE

  1. #1
    Mircea Pleteriu
    Guest

    Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE

    Hi,

    I'm developing a class which for a given filepath has to open the MS Excel
    and extend the context menu with a new item. When the item is clicked all it
    has to do is to display a message box.
    Everything works fine. But if the message box is not confirmed (closed by
    the user) in a few seconds the "Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for
    another application to complete an OLE action" is fired by Excel.

    I want the customer to take his time to read the text and confirm (or not)
    the message box.

    How to handle this?

    Many thanks,
    Mircea

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

    Adding Application.DisplayAlerts = False before invoking the other instance
    may help.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mircea Pleteriu
    Guest

    Re: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

    Thanks. It works.
    Second problem. While the message box is displayed, it looks like that the
    surface of Excel is stuck. That is, if I move the message box window the
    surface of Excel gets dirty.

    Any idea how to solve this?

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

    Have you got screenupdating turned off?

    RP

    news:OHMPBI%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Mircea Pleteriu
    Guest

    Re: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

    It's turned on (as default).

    news:OuAkFP#[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

    I don't know of a solution for this. It seems that Excel is locked up, not
    redrawing, etc. until control returns to it.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP
    "Mircea Pleteriu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%23rifaa%[email protected]...
    | It's turned on (as default).
    |
    | "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:OuAkFP#[email protected]...
    | > Have you got screenupdating turned off?
    | >
    | > --
    | >
    | > HTH
    | >
    | > RP
    | > (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
    | >

    | > "Mircea Pleteriu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | > news:OHMPBI%[email protected]...
    | > > Thanks. It works.
    | > > Second problem. While the message box is displayed, it looks like that
    | the
    | > > surface of Excel is stuck. That is, if I move the message box window
    the
    | > > surface of Excel gets dirty.
    | > >
    | > > Any idea how to solve this?
    | > >
    | > > "Jim Rech" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | > > news:[email protected]...
    | > > instance

    | > > > |
    MS
    | > > Excel
    | clicked
    | > > all
    | (closed
    | > > by
    | for
    | > > > |
    | (or
    | > > not)
    | > > > |
    | > > > |
    | > > > |
    | > > > |

  7. #7
    Mircea Pleteriu
    Guest

    Re: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

    Thanks Jim.

    news:OjANIv#[email protected]...

  8. #8

    Re: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

    Mircea, is that dialog box modal? Can you make it always-on-top instead?

  9. #9
    inglis77
    Guest

    Re: Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

    Mircea,

    did you discover a way of making excel repaint itself? I am currently
    developing an excel automation app and am seeing the same problem.
    Whenever i drag my c# form over the main excel window, excel waits a
    long time before repainting.

    I've tried making my dialog boxes non-modal, but then excel then just
    refuses to display them correctly.

    Paul

    --
    inglis77Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access